Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Social

It is Sunday and you know what that means, I am linking up with Neely and Ashley for Sunday Social! This past week has been so busy for me, we have packed up and moved from Houston to Oklahoma. We are still unpacking our last few boxes and now trying to get wall hanings up and making this place feel more like "home". 






1. What do you miss most about being a kid?

The thing I miss most about being a kid is not having any responsibility! I loved the days when all I had to worry about was if my friend was going to get to come and spend the night or weekend with me. You know how it is if you knew now what you knew then there would be a few things done differently here in my adult life. 


2. Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it?

Well with my name being Lindsey most of my friends and family called me (still do) Lins. My uncle has always called me Linzer. So really I go by both of those names, rarely am I called "Lindsey".


3. What was your favorite thing to do at recess?

I like to think that I did not just have one specific group at school. I always tried to be friends with everyone. With that being said I would just kind of float from group to group. Some days I would swing others I would play games or play on the monkey bars. 


4. What did you want to be when you grew up?

Both of my parents worked at our school. Our school is small so our elementry, Junior High, and High School is all connected. My mom worked as a aide for 20 years at the school in various parts of the building. My dad taught for 38 years in the Junior High and High School. With having grown up in the school system I thought I wanted to be a teacher. I started out going to college with teaching as my major. As time had gone on I just didn't have the passion for it. So I switched my major and went toward business. I am now a stay at home mom which is the perfect job for me! :)


5. What was your favorite toy?

I loved me some Barbies! I had the barbies that you could actually play with then I also collected the Barbies that came out around Christmas time. I still have the Barbies that I collected! 


6. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about?

My parents and I have a really close relationship so there were a lot of funny things I did and we did. One thing that I can think of off the top of my head was when I was driving the lawn mower for fun. With coming from a small town there is not really a lot to do most of the time. So I got my kicks out of driving my dads mower. I guess I just kind of zoned out but I was up ontop of the hill at the house and got a little to close to the air conditioner when I was turning and totally ran into it. My dad heard the crash, I freaked turned off the mower and went and hid and cried in my room. My mom came in to find out what was going on and she was laughing, dad ended up laughing once he knew I didn't screw anything up. 

I also hit my dads precious 1978 Ford black truck. This truck was known around town and heard too. Dad and I were playing softball in the yard he pitched me a ball and I swung my bat as hard as I could and smack hit the truck leaving a huge ass dent on the front side of the truck. We both were in shock but he just said well I guess I should have moved the truck before we started playing. 



Next Weeks Questions:

Next week we are switching it up on you! There aren't questions...WHA? Instead its an open ended kind of day all about Fall. Link up a recipe, your favorite fashion picks, trends, TV shows you love, movies you're excited to see, decor you love from Pinterest etc. Basically if it is remotely related to fall its acceptable. This will probably be done every few months for each season so get excited!!!! 


Link up with Ashley and I! Lets get Social! #SundaySocial on Twitter/Instagram 

Also if you have ideas for questions feel free to email them to us!!





Lastly I am almost to 50 followers!! Once I hit 50 I will be doing my very first GIVEAWAY!!!! :) 

Happy Sunday! 





3 comments:

  1. Looks like I'm follower #50!! Congrats girlie!! I'm in Oklahoma! Welcome!! Hope you like it!! Found ya on Sunday Social. :)

    Falen
    www.UpwardNotInward.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. New visitor from the social. Loved getting to know you! I hope you'll stop by my blog, www.thevintagemodernwife.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was a barbie girl for sure! i loved them!

    xo, sarah grace

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment and I read every comment. Please make sure your email address is set up so I can respond to you! Thank you for stopping by CRCL!