Monday, September 3, 2012

Taco Casserole

Hi all! I hope you are having a great extended weekend. I am going to make this one a short one but I will be back tomorrow to recap our weekend. Last night I made Taco Casserole for supper. I had made it before a while back but found it again in my recipe box. It is something so easy to make during the week for a quick meal and most everyone will have these ingredients on hand.

Ingredients
1lb ground beef
1 small onion chopped
1 cup Thick and Smooth Taco Sauce
3/4 cup water
1 can green chiles
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning Mix
1 pkg. hard taco shells (12 shells)
2 cups of shredded cheese (I use cheddar)

Preheat oven to 375, grease 11x7 baking dish

Cook beef and onion until beef is brown; drain grease. Stir in taco sauce, water, chiles, and seasoning mix. Cook over low for about 3-4 mins. (I cooked it for about 7 mins so I could make sure everything was mixed together well). Layer half of the shells in the baking dish, cover with half of the meat mixture, sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

You can top and garnish with green onions, tomatoes, sour cream, jalapenos or what ever you like. I also think maybe some black beans would be good mix in the meat mixture.

Enjoy!


Make sure you click the recipe icon at the top for more ideas! As the holidays near I'll be sharing some family recipes!

*Recipe from Ortega*

1 comment:

  1. Visiting from Kate's Fun Friday! Sounds yummy! Do you break the shells in half or little pieces? We have tacos nearly every week (I use ground turkey instead of beef) so this would be a nice change!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment and I read every comment. Please make sure your email address is set up so I can respond to you! Thank you for stopping by CRCL!