Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Social


This week I decided to link up with Neely over at A Complete Waste of Makeup for Sunday Social! She is doing a throw back of getting to know you, so hopefully after this you will know me a little bit beter! :) 






1. What is the name of your blog and how did you come up with it??

The name of my blog is Country Roots City Living 
 My husband told me for about a year that I needed to start a blog. I really enjoyed reading them but never thought about writing one. So I had thought of a few names from time to time but never did anything with it. So one afternoon while my youngest was taking his afternoon nap I decided to check out the blogger website. I started just filling out the blanks and it just came out Country Roots City Living. I guess I thought that since I was from a small town in Indiana of about 2500 people and then I had moved to Indianapolis area that was "city". Little did I know five months later I would really find out what city livng really was! So it actually worked out in my favor! 


2. What do you love the most about blogging??

I love that I am 110% myself and very authentic. If you met me on the street you would know that I am toally who I seem to be when I write. I am a fun person that loves to laugh and have a great time! 


3. What are your 2 favorite posts you've written?

This is one I wrote when my mom was getting ready to go in for one of her four surgeries she was/is going to have in less than a year. My other favorite one is this. I wrote about Brayden's last day of school in Indiana. I honestly love that school so much. The staff is such a family and they make you feel welcome. I can also say even though we are not attending that school I still talk to the staff members we worked closely with while Brayden attended. So staff from the old school (you all know who you are) if you are reading this WE MISS YOU!! Thank you for everything you did for us while we were there! 
4. What is something you'd want to tell someone just starting out in blog world?

It takes a lot of time to build readers. Stick with it and do not give up. Make sure that you comment on your favorite blogs and build friendships. Make sure that you are yourself when you write, do not be afraid to show emotion because we are all human and we have our up days and down days. 

5. Biggest blogging learning experience you've had?

I sat down with a friend a week ago and she went over teaching me more things about the blog world. She taught me how to design, make banners, buttons and what not. Those four hours we spent were so fun to spend a Saturday night forming a bond and learning something new. It is something I think is tough and I have still had to go back and ask her a few questions but I love that she took time out of her evening and taught me the behind the scenes of blogging. 

6. Give us 3 blogs we NEED to be following that you love. 

This is tough but I would definatley have to say Lacey, Erica, and Cait. All three are awesome and so funny!






** Also don't forget to enter the giveaway! It ends Saturday, there are some fantastic prizes that are going to be given away!! 

2 comments:

  1. i loveee authentic bloggers who i feel like i would know in person if i met them!

    New follower!

    Have a great Sunday! Come say hi at nichollvincent.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I completely agree about the importance of authenticity when blogging. Then again, I'm not smart enough -- or have enough patience -- to be someone I'm not!!!! I'm super jealous about the time spent with your friend to learn the design process, that is REALLY neat. Lucky you! I need to do that with a photographer, Photoshop genius, and blog designer. I need all the help I can get!

    Happy Sunday!
    Nicole @ Three 31
    http://nicoleandkevin.wordpress.com/2012/09/09/sunday-social-all-about-the-blog/

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment and I read every comment. Please make sure your email address is set up so I can respond to you! Thank you for stopping by CRCL!