Thursday, December 20, 2012

SAW IT. PINNED IT. DID IT. Cinnamon Roll Cake


Hey guys I think this week is totally flying! I have a huge weekend planned, I am most excited about going to a town close by and look at their lights. We have driven past and these lights are amazing! There are walkways to where you can go look at all the lights. I think being with the family, bundling up, and grabbing some hot chocolate will be a blast!

Today I am linking up with Katie and Steph to show off our pinterest projects we have been doing. Today I am going to show you a Cinnamon Roll Cake that I have recently made and it is amazing!






Cake Ingredients:
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 and 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Cinnamon Swirl Ingredients:
  • 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 Tablespoon flour
  • 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
  • 2/3 cups nuts (optional)
Glaze:
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 5 Tablespoons heavy cream, milk or half & half
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees (F).  Prepare a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray, and set aside.  In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.  Add milk, eggs and vanilla, and beat with a hand or stand mixer until just combined.  Stir in 4T of melted butter, and pour into prepared pan.  Set aside and prepare the cinnamon swirl.
In a medium bowl, beat together softened butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and flour until smooth and creamy.  Stir in nuts, if using.  Drop by large spoonful over the top of the cake.  Use a knife to lightly swirl the cinnamon through the cake batter.  Bake for 25-30 minutes (mine took 30 minutes) or until a toothpick/cake tester comes out nearly clean.
While the cake is baking, make the glaze.  Combine powdered sugar, cream and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir with a fork until the mixture is smooth.  Drizzle the glaze over the warm cake. **I poked holes in my cake so the icing could get down into the cake too.** 


Here is the pin that was my inspiration!
Source: lemon-sugar.com via Lisa on Pinterest</





Have you made this before? 

2 comments:


  1. I found your blog through the Jessica Who giveaway and I am so glad I did, I love it and I am now following you!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes
    500 Follower Kate Spade Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried something similar, but this looked so much better than what I made! hahaha

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment and I read every comment. Please make sure your email address is set up so I can respond to you! Thank you for stopping by CRCL!