Monday, December 10, 2012

Recap plus Cheddar Biscuits

Hi guys! I hope your weekend was fantastic! Ours was amazing! We found a sitter and she watched the boys on Saturday night, it was so nice hubs and I have had like maybe three dates since March. We decided to finish up Christmas shopping for the kids so earlier that day I had gotten my coupons ready and had our route planned. Hubs and I neither one enjoy a large crowd so I knew I had to make our route an in and out kind of deal since we had to go to the mall. I also impressed him with my couponing and price matching skills at Toys R Us. I have to admit I thought I was pretty bad ass after we were done!

We then went to supper at this fantastic Italian restaurant called Zios. Our waiter was so nice his name was Frankie and wrote his name upside down in a fancy way. We ended up getting Brushetta for an appetizer which was very good. Todd got Chicken Piccata which it had mushrooms, artichoke hearts, prosciutto, and capers. It was served over angel hair pasta in a lemon and white wine sauce. It looked good but I loved what I got! I went with Chicken Cannelloni. I really liked this one because the chicken was no huge chunks it was cut up tiny; so I had the chicken, spinach, bacon, onions stuffed in a pasta shell then covered with a Alfredo sauce. Oh my y'all this was amazing. I gave Todd a bite and he was going on and on how good it was. I can't wait til we get to go back. I forgot to take pictures of it but I will definitely next time!

On Sunday is was lazy day! I made a different kind of chili I found on Pinterest and made some Cheddar biscuits to go with it. Both were one for the books. My husband and FIL call my chili I made redneck chili. They don't seem to think pasta should be in it so I went out of my comfort zone and made a different kind.



2 cups of bisquick
1 cup of milk
handfull or two of shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup of butter
garlic powder

Mix the first three ingredients in a bowl. Melt the butter and add as much or as little garlic powder you would like. Once the biscuits are placed on the baking sheet rub some of the melted butter mixture over them. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. When they come out you can also add more of the butter mixture if you would like. ** I also added some cheese on the top before putting in the oven.

**Source

2 comments:

  1. those cheddar biscuits look too good!
    your blog is darling and we are now following! xoxo ps come enter our giveaway here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Cheddar biscuits!!! I found you on the blog hop and am your newest follower. I was kinda maybe hopin' that you'd pop by and follow me back!

    xoxo-
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment and I read every comment. Please make sure your email address is set up so I can respond to you! Thank you for stopping by CRCL!