Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cancer Sucks

Hi guys! I need some help like major help and I hope I can count on you guys to help me! I've done a few post saying short things on my best friend, her son has cancer not any kind of cancer but brain cancer. It SUCKS! I have Lynn's permission via text to tell about Peyton and use some of these pictures. She just doesn't know what I have up my sleeve! :)



Peyton is a four year old twin who was diagnosed in June with pontine glioma. He has had several brain surgeries to relive pressure. The tumor he has can not be taken out. The prognoisis is usually a year no more than two years. He is on Chemo to try to extend his life which at the moment Lynn has been having issues with the pharmacy because they have not been able to have it or get it for the past two weeks! His MRI last week the doctors told them that Peyton's tumor has stabilized AND the cyst has gotten smaller. His brain is also bigger, which is good news as this means there is less pressure on it. This is amazing! They also said on the flip side as they have seen in the past expect in January for his health to start going down hill. 




Let me tell you a little bit about Lynn. First she is one strong, beautiful, loyal, selfless, and nicest women I know. She started this journey with both twins when they were born as a single mom. Luck being on her side God put a fantastic man by her side. John has stepped into the dad role for these boys and is one of the biggest support systems for Lynn. She has the biggest heart and I love her for that. Side story to tell you about Lynn. The first full week/weekend my husband had left to go to Houston to live until we got there Lynn and our other bestie LB jumped in the car grabbed pizza, wings, breadsticks, beer the works came over on a Friday night hung out and kept me company. This is what friends do and what they are for. :) 



Here is where I need your help. Most likely this is going to be the last Christmas as a family of four for them. They need an extra special Christmas! I was thinking that if they could get emails daily tons of them telling them Merry Christmas, you are thinking of them and praying for them, or send an e-card just what ever you can think of to raise their spirit, I think would make her smile! So I have set up and email account peytonangels@gmail.com 


If you would like to follow along on their facebook page too you can go here. If you would like to make a donation then you can send money to  Peyton's Angels and send checks to the IU Credit Union in Indiana! This is not about the money this is more about I want to fill the inbox with her knowing people all over are thinking of her and her family. If you would like a mailing address to send a card to please get with me and I can give you that address. 

I want to thank you in advance for all of your help! Ready. Set. Go! and make a special Christmas happen! 


2 comments:

  1. I will send an email right now. Life can be so sad at times.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I know she will enjoy reading all the emails! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment and I read every comment. Please make sure your email address is set up so I can respond to you! Thank you for stopping by CRCL!