Friday, November 30, 2012

Grandma Autumn's Sweet Potatoes


Remember earlier in the week I told you I was going to give out my Grandma's Sweet Potatoe recipe well today is your lucky day! Every year for Thanksgiving my Grandma Autumn would make these wonderful sweet potatoes. My mom always kept that tradition going so once a year we have this yummy side dish. Depending on what kind of Christmas dinner we were having we would also sometimes have these then too!  Now before you click off because it is Sweet Potatoes hear me out. I am serious when I say these ARE. TO. DIE. FOR!!!





Ingredients Needed
2 Large cans of sweet potatoes
Brown Sugar
1 Can of Pineapple (the rounds)
Cinnamon
Butter
Mini Marshmallows


Spray baking dish with Pam. Drain the juice from the sweet potatoes into a separate mixing bowl then add sweet potatoes into baking dish. Drain the juice from the pineapples into the same mixing bowl as sweet potato juice. Put a pineapple rounds spread out over the top of the sweet potatoes. In the mixing bowl sprinkle in some brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter (add the three ingredients as much or as little to your liking.) You will want to taste the mixture to make sure it is sweet enough. Once you get it to your liking pour the liquid mixture over the sweet potatoes and the pineapples. Bake for 25 minutes (or until soft) at 350 degrees. Take out of oven and grab the marshmallows, spread generously over the top of the potatoes. Put back in oven and turn the broil on low. Keep an eye on the dish and be ready to take out quickly. Once the marshmallows start to turn light brown they will turn fast and burn. You want them the light brown color, they will be the texture as if you roasted them in the fire.

I hope you enjoy this recipe! I have never given it out before!! I know I can't wait to eat this plate of goodness with my family!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment and I read every comment. Please make sure your email address is set up so I can respond to you! Thank you for stopping by CRCL!