Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Meal Planning plus Taco Cupcake Recipe

Did your Monday go well? Here in Oklahoma we are having Spring like weather so I had all of our windows open yesterday. Today we are suppose to have more Spring like weather with storms which totally freaks me out living in Oklahoma! I am scared of tornadoes anyhow and then the chance of having them makes for a nervous Nellie! 

Anyhow when we lived in Indiana I had gotten to the point where I was couponing a lot and I would do our grocery shopping and meal planning for two weeks at a time. Of course we would have to run into the store to get milk and maybe an extra bread but always had a large items taken care of. I was not one of those extreme couponers that you see on TV but I feel that I did well for our family and always looked for the bargains. This past weekend I was making out our weekly menu for suppers and I went ahead and made out this week and next weeks menu AND I got all the grocery items when I went on Sunday. 

This is what I have planned out for just this week.

Sunday-Chili
Monday-Baked Chicken breast w/corn, mac and cheese, and rolls
Tuesday-Leftover Chili
Wednesday-Breakfast which hopefully I can talk the husband in making his famous French Toast!
Thursday-Cheeseburger and Fries
Friday-Pizza
Saturday-Free Panda Express

I am not sure if I have told you guys but I write weekly for a magazine called Kokoa Magazine. Have you heard of them? If not you should totally check them out and sign up for their weekly newsletter. The newsletter comes out every Sunday and then the website is updated about two times a week and the magazine comes out every two months. I just started writing for them at the start of the year and I absolutely love it! I send in recipes that are easy to make and easy to pronounce. There are other things in the magazine such as fashion, photography, advice column ect. The advice column is totally anonymous when written into. You can submit any question into the advice column. To write into it simply email linstimeout@yahoo.com. Back to my recipes, I am not sure if y'all have noticed but I am in love with making different items into cupcakes. I think it looks fun, easy to make, and kid friendly. 

Taco Cupcakes

Ingredients
Won Ton Wrappers
1lbs ground beef
I can black beans
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Taco Sauce
Queso Cheese
Taco Packet
**Sour Cream-Optional
**Guacamole-Optional

Directions
Brown your beef and drain off your grease. Add beef back into the pan and follow directions on taco packet. Add the black beans drained into your beef mixture. Once that has simmered for about five minutes you will be able to begin to assemble your cupcakes. In a cupcake pan be sure to grease it really well. Take one won ton wrapper and stuff in each cupcake pocket. Then add a small spoonful of your beef mixture, and then you can scoop a small spoonful of your queso in each pocket followed by the rest of the ingredients minus the sour cream and guacamole. Once you have one layer of each ingredient in each of the cupcake pockets you will want to take a second won ton wrapper and place on top of each mixture lightly press down. You will then start the entire process over with the beef mixture all the way to your taco sauce. You can also substitute the taco sauce for salsa. Heat your oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 8-10 minutes. You want the won tons to start to lightly brown. Let cool for about five minutes before taking them out of the pan. I like to use a fork or spoon to get under each wrapper to help grab the entire taco cupcake onto the plate.

All ingredients I mentioned above are what we normally use for our tacos. You can add pico, onions, or tomatoes. The possibilities are endless. This is just a new fresh twist on a middle of the week meal. 




What are your go to recipes during the week? Do you change them up like I did for the tacos? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment and I read every comment. Please make sure your email address is set up so I can respond to you! Thank you for stopping by CRCL!