Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Loving, Learning, and Growing...Part 1

I've started this post delete then restarted I can't tell you how many times. Hopefully this flows the way I've got it in my head.

 I met my husband when I was 19 getting ready to turn 20. I got engaged when I was 20 and got married a month after turning 21. I met him young but the second I laid eyes on him I was literally speechless and couldn't speak. He was carrying a box into his house and asked me to open up the door for him and I just stared at him then I finally came to and looked like an idiot. We went on to eat pizza that night and then watched part of a movie. I left not long after the movie started because I wanted to play hard to get. We went on a date the next day and had a blast together. We laughed and talked about everything under the sun. He walked me up to my apartment and kissed me in front of my little sofa. That is the one and only time someone has made my legs go weak. We spent the entire weekend together. I was pretty sure the first time I laid my eyes on him he was the man I was going to marry. After that weekend I KNEW I was going to marry this man. 

We got married in July 2003. We had planned to have our moment and just us two see each other and I replay that day in my mind all the time. It was so beautiful and surreal, I couldn't believe I was about to marry my best friend. 


I don't want to come across that our marriage has been all rainbows and unicorns because it hasn't. We both got married really young; like I said before I had just turned 21 and he was 23. We still were getting to know who WE were as an adult and then we put our lives together so we had this marriage to marinate together. When people say your first year of marriage is hard they are not kidding. Our first few years of marriage was hard. We have been through so much together ups and downs. There was a time I didn't think our marriage was going to make it. 


If you would have told me then that we would end up taking a leap of faith where we would just have each other and nobody else to count on, I would not have believed you. If you would have told me that I would live apart from my husband for a few months I would have laughed. Throughout all of our ups and downs I feel this has made our marriage stronger and what it is today. We have had to rely on trust, faith,  and strength from one another. He is my teammate, cheerleader, partner, best friend, love of my life, father to my children, and my husband.


My love grows for this man every day. I am so blessed to have him in my life and to be able to call him my husband. There is not one thing that I would change about what we have been through because that has shaped us for who we are today.

**To be continued......


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! My hubby and I have been married nearly 2 years, and we're the age that you two were. It's not easy - but it's so rewarding!

    Hope you have a wonderful day :)

    Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww such a sweet post. Marriage is not easy. It requires work to make it last. Adam and I just had our 7 year anniversary. It's still hard some days but the good days are really good. We got married when I was 23 and he was 21. We had dated for about 7.5 years before that and lived together for a few of those years. We both knew very shortly after meeting each other that we would get married .. even though we were so young. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment and I read every comment. Please make sure your email address is set up so I can respond to you! Thank you for stopping by CRCL!